On the first installment of New Ideal Live’s three-part analysis of the Biden administration agenda, Elan Journo and Onkar Ghate discuss and analyze, from a philosophical perspective, the overall policy plan of the new administration with an emphasis on the economy.
Among the topics covered:
- Why Biden’s plans reflect an embrace of the mixed economy;
- Why a mixed economy leads to pressure group warfare;
- How Biden’s labor and trade policies echo Trump’s;
- Why Biden’s economic proposals will hurt the ambitious poor;
- The travesty of the proposed constitutional amendment to publicly fund election campaigns.
This podcast was recorded on December 21, 2020.